The Bisbee Photo Walk! ▌Sierra Vista Photographer, Arizona



What better way to come off maternity leave than with the I Heart Faces Bisbee Photo Walk?! 27 Arizonans gathered this morning for a 92 degree, 2 hour stroll through the charming streets of Bisbee, AZ. Strolling with us were a handful of extremely patient models who did everything we suggested, and then some! One of our models came in a stunning 1800's period dress; ever worn a corset in the desert?! And another model graciously slide atop an old Chevy that was so hot you probably could have fried an egg on the hood! Her mother is going to kill me! (But her father stood right next to me snapping away with his DSLR...)
I'd like to send out a huge THANK YOU to my co-leader Pauline Fredericks. Pauline came to my rescue when the walk became larger than I had anticipated, and with her knowledge and years of experience we all learned a great deal this morning about diffusing and bouncing light. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement! Thank you also to our models and extra hands; the morning was a huge success and more fun than I imagined possible because of your willingness to play along!
The next photo walk, I think we all agreed over lunch, should take place in the fall or winter, when the temps are more user friendly. And, the walk needs to last twice as long, there just wasn't enough time to do everything we were dreaming up! Here are my favorites from the morning, a mere fraction of all the great work that exploded from all the energy surrounding me:








4 comments:

Julie Rivera said... at June 6, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Isn't it cool how just being around other artists pushes your work to new levels?! These are so rich and beautiful, Karyn! Your period dress lady didn't show an pounce of discomfort, though I know she had to be dying of heat. And that car? Oh my word! How cool that your model was game for leaping up there and doing her thing. I can tell that you are super excited to do another one of these, after a little rest...

Skeller said... at June 6, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Dang,
you and Julie already have your walks blogged!!! I'm feeling like such a slouch ...

Love these pics and I'm pretty sure I'd love Bisbee, too.

And what I really really want: is a photowalk with all the photowalk leaders! ;-)

Julie Rivera said... at June 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Ooooh, I think Susan is on to something...a Leaders Walk...but then I might be too intimidated by all the greatness...

Unknown said... at June 19, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Oh my goodness! This looks like such a super fabulous day Karen! I am glad you had a great time! Love your models and your setting. Fabulous.