Praises For The Day ▌Sierra Vista Photographer, Arizona


Thank you to my big brother and his sweet bride for the gorgeous spring bouquet filling my home with the most wonderful fragrance!
Thank you to my super sweet neighbors, for loving on my children the night we were gone, and for adorning our front and back doors with festive Baby Boy balloons for all to see!
Thank you to the extremely thoughtful family sharing our duplex, who not only filled a generous gift bag with adorable baby must-haves, but topped it off with two butterfly nets for our older boys, who haven't put them down for a moment!
Thank you to all of the friends and family who have sent emails, snail mails, and facebook posts checking our health and progress!
Thank you to my Aunt Peg for the lovely hand sewn quilt that arrived today!
Thank you God; for giving my husband the patience and energy to act for two, for allowing me the time and ability to hide away from the world and snuggle the most precious gift, for crock pots, for feeding, bathing, clothing, and finding hugs for everyone today, for finding 30 minutes of down time on a beautifully lighted sun porch for my most favorite activity, my camera. I know this may not happen most weeks. I am grateful for every blessing.

Thank you everyone. I thought I would be stressed out and overwhelmed, but I'm really just intoxicated with happiness and love. Let me share the LOVE:

I know what Julie is thinking here, "oh no you didn't, putting that baby in a basket..." as I have told her hundreds of times "I don't do baskets" but the light was so beautiful and he is so malleable and The Baby walked into the room carrying the basket on his head calling himself Darth Vader, I just had to give it a whirl. I still can't believe that he actually fit inside my bump something like this. It's no wonder I was so uncomfortable.

A big Thank You to our friends out in San Diego who sent this super bright onesie that photographs insanely well!



The first thing he wants to do in the morning, and the first thing he wanted to do when he got home from school, was to hold the baby. I am in awe of how grown-up he is behaving, how loving, how patient, how interested, how gentle, I almost cried when I saw this picture.

When Mom asked for hospital photos this morning I quickly realized that I had no good pictures of my husband or myself with The Bundle, so that became the day's top priority.

He's still sporting a large bruise on the forehead, and no, I'm not going to photoshop it, some things are just real and should be. I'm laughing as I remind my husband that all images of the new Mommy must be taken from above. For snapping just two or three before running out the door to preschool, he did pretty dang good!

8 comments:

Julie Rivera said... at March 18, 2010 at 6:30 AM

I'd say he did a good job! I am not just puffing you up, that really is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of you, Karyn. Really. You are whole. You are radiant. You do not look like you just gave birth. I forgive you the basket shot for its simple perfection. I LOVE the complete bend in his legs, with his feet resting on his belly. And the Boy and the new babe? Melting the lens cuteness! Love them all, amazed you are able to share so many and eager for more. :)

Holly said... at March 18, 2010 at 7:02 AM

those are PRECIOUS! I can totally understand why you wanted to cry at the photo of your older son and the baby....but you don't have to, I did it for you!

The look on your husbands face as he holds the baby.....*melts*. As my girls have said, there is something about a grown man gently holding a baby and in this case, the look of pride/joy/enchantment just adds to the overall feeling of *melts again*....love.

oh and the baby...*smooch smooch smooch* all over his tiny kissable face.

Merrie said... at March 18, 2010 at 7:07 AM

What a sweet post,from my sweet daughter. That's an interesting basket shot, I'm sure you'll come up with more outstanding poses. Love the Boy and Bundle picture,savor the moments. The daddy looks pretty pleased with his baby too. I hope the Babe recovers soon so he can get into some of this picture mania with the Bundle.

Skeller said... at March 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM

oh!! sooooo much sweetness!!

your new family looks like pure perfection!!

and, don't laugh ... but I'm right-clicking your portrait to take to my hair stylist so I can tell her: "THAT's what I want my hair to look like!!!" :-)

Anne said... at March 18, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Wow- I love it. I just want to hold that sweet baby in my arms, although I don't know that I would be able to do it as tenderly as his big brother. You all look wonderful and so happy- Congratulations!

ihavemostlybeen said... at March 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM

What lovely photo's, he is adorable! Have to agree with Julie's comment about how you look in that photo, no idea how old you are actually but in that photo you look about 19!

Karyn said... at March 19, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Wow Debbie! You sure know how to start a girls day right! I will actually be 30 in June of this year. With the exception of looking disgustingly irresponsible with 3 babies in walmart and no wedding ring (it doesn't fit right now) I'd like to look 19 forever! Well, I guess I secretly like being "ma'am"d on the post...

Ashley said... at March 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM

such wonderful pics! I can't wait until next week, my hubs will be home on R&R so I can get some sweet shots of myself and my new babe :)