Birthday Blunders...




The Boy is now 3. How did this happen? How is it possible that our first born, cheeky little monkey, the baby that made such a dramatic debut after a sunset helivac ride and ten days in a Korean hospital, is now a running, non-stop talking, free thinking, noodle slurping three year old? It feels like yesterday he was snuggled up at my breast, nursing as though his life depended on it. Oh wait, it did. And now he is not only talking, but starting to put together a few quality stand-up routines: A couple of weeks ago he discovered that tacos really are yummy and proclaimed "Mommy, I have a huge taco tummy! It's big, like a man" he says while rubbing his stomach after dinner... and my personal favorite, because you simply have to laugh when they come up with something that comes out so honest and sincere, happened just yesterday as we were driving very close to home and he saw the garbage truck pull out in front of us: "Mommy, that garbage truck has a really big bottom! It's just like yours!" I'm thoroughly enjoying having my husband home to hear such comments, that way The Boy can be removed from the car and told to walk home, along with his chuckling chaperone... We still have to party, Mama's had the flu and the big Fire Engine Birthday chi-bang shall commence on Sunday evening. 'Til then, enjoy these favorites from his actual big day, the day he turned 3, the day he became capable of ten times more trouble....

4 comments:

Anonymous said... at February 20, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Naw, your bottom's not big, unless things have changed drastically in a month! Cute pics as always. Waiting for more (as always).

Julie Rivera said... at February 21, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Did he really say girls are 2? I can completely believe he did... And I second the first commenter, your bottom is NOT big! Maybe your pants are big OVER your bottom, but that is because the pants are too big...

Karyn said... at February 21, 2009 at 6:44 AM

FYI- I have not taken offense to his little "rear" comment, I am still telling myself that what he really meant was that my mini-van has a big bottom too..... yeah, that's it...

Anonymous said... at February 23, 2009 at 7:25 AM

As always, the pictures are beautiful! I am so jealous you are not here to capture our family in photographs...I guess we will have to be content w/my amateur photography skills.

Kiss those boys for me (except Yuki...I'll leave that to you.)

Hugs,
Sandy:)