WWII Wedding ▌Sierra Vista Photographer, Arizona


This week finds me launching into a rather extensive restoration project here at Fort Huachuca. I'm restoring some portraits of former commanders for one of the headquarters buildings. After studying the images I was struck with the creative energy to take some wedding portraits from last Labor Day weekend and give them a vintage vibe. The bride and groom are swing dancing friends of ours, so I thought a little unusual editing might strike their fancy. Here is my attempt at creating a WWII feel, without the wear and tear that an actual old photograph would have suffered. These were taken in San Diego, my favorite is the second image down, the bride getting into her dress, and all I can think of when I see this picture is "Vogue"...








1 comments:

Julie Rivera said... at February 8, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I agree, that second picture is so timeless, so beautiful and so pure. But man, her eyes in the third one! Good golly, those are incredible. You did a remarkable job conveying the old timey feel through these pictures, even though they were taken just a few months ago. Lovely, as always!