Go Hawks! - Sneak Peek


Oh My Word. What A Day. Started out early with a little hop over to our church to photograph some staff members and vestry, and then I made a multi-generation jump over to the community center for some photos of the almost professional HAWKS basketball team. To say that is "shifting gears" would be the understatement of the year. When an acquaintance of mine stopped me at preschool and asked me to photograph her son's basketball team, I was skeptical. I LOVE children, preferably in small numbers. When she mentioned they were between 5 and 7 years old, I imagined their little uniforms, their excitement as they run down the court forgetting to dribble, their disappointment when they don't score, the ball being twice the size of their head, it was too much to refuse. These kiddos did NOT disappoint. Here is just a teaser photo, if daylight savings time doesn't kill me I hope to have a few additional sneak peeks up in the next day or so. A huge thank you to the parents who went out on a limb and paid me for my work without seeing ANY samples, I promise, you will not be disappointed, your children are priceless! (and my lens thought so too!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said... at March 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Wow, A first look and I see a team that is silly, funny and full of energy. The second look captures the personalities of the individuals. Fast forward 9 or 10 years and picture this photo in a yearbook as one of them graduates with a 1000+ points on their winning basketball team. Love the setting, rustic hardwood and steel takes it out of the gym in a good way. See, you can do group shots. It must have been a workout!! Great job.Can't wait to see more.

Julie Rivera said... at March 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

That rocks, Karyn!!! (I really can't convey enthusiasm well, but you knocked the socks off my b-ball team picture!) How cute is that?! Love it in every way...from the wooden floor and metal wall to the milk crates for seats. Perfect.